G*Power 3G*Power 3 is a major extension of, and improvement over, G*Power 2. It covers statistical power analyses for many different
statistical tests of the
- F test,
- t test,
- χ2-test and
- z test families and some
- exact tests.
- A priori (sample size N is computed as a function of power level 1-β, significance level α, and the to-be-detected population effect size)
- Compromise (both α and 1-β are computed as functions of effect size, N, and an error probability ratio q = β/α)
- Criterion (α and the associated decision criterion are computed as a function of 1-β, the effect size, and N)
- Post-hoc (1-β is computed as a function of α, the population effect size, and N)
- Sensitivity (population effect size is computed as a function of α, 1-β, and N)
G*Power 3 is available for Mac OS X 10.4 and Windows XP/Vista. G*Power 3 is free.
We encourage you to register, that is, to let us know your e-mail address so that we can inform you of updates of the program.
Help, Manual, User Guide
The G*Power 3 User Guide pages at this site (see User guide: Analyses by design or User guide: Analyses by distribution ) are still mostly empty, and many will remain empty for some time to come. Thus, for the time being, you will have to use G*Power 3 without much additional help. However, some pages have already been completed, which is why you may want to try to find out whether your particular problem is already covered.
There are two more sources that should help you when using G*Power 3:
- A preprint of an article describing G*Power 3 (with examples) available at the Download and register page
- The previous version, G*Power 2, is still available , although that version of the program is useful only if you still use MS-DOS or Mac OS 7 - 9 on your computer. However, the G*Power 2 manual may still be helpful for conducting power analyses using G*Power 3.
Samstag, 07. 12. 2013
Questions about this website? Contact
Letzte Änderung: 05.11.2013, 21:23